The Christian County Board will meet on Tuesday evening at 6:30 PM at the Christian County Courthouse for a virtual meeting due to COVID-19 mitigations. To get the log-in information for the meeting, please see below. New County Board members will be sworn in. Board member Donna Hibbits announced that she is resigning her position with the board. Mike Specha will replace Clark Pearce, Bev Graham will replace Mike McClure, and Dave Puccetti will replace Donna Hibbits.
Greg Nimmo will give an update on COVID-19. Discussion will continue on the supplemental beacon speed limit sign in Assumption. The Christian County Hazard Mitigation plan will be reviewed. There will be a discussion of changing the time of the regular meeting nights. Vince Harris will be appointed as flood plain manager.
For more on this story, stay tuned to Regional Radio News and see below for a full agenda.
CHRISTIAN COUNTY BOARD MEETING
Christian County Courthouse
Tuesday, January 19, 2021-- 6:30 p.m.
In accordance with EXECUTIVE ORDER 2020-07 issued by Governor Pritzker, this meeting will be conducted via remote participation and the
new region 3 COVID-19 Resurgence Mitigations does allow us to social distance and to limit the number of people in a room. There are 20 seats in the county board room and 22 in courtroom C. These meetings will continue to be done by freeconferencecall.com as well. Seats are given preference to members and requested quests.
Dial-in number (US): (701) 802-5367
Access code: 7943957#
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/christiancounty
1. Call to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Reading letter of resignation-Donna Hibbetts
4. Swearing in new county board members-
*District 3-Mike Specha replacing Clark Pearce
*District 3-Bev Graham replacing Mike McClure
*District 2-Dave Puccetti replacing Donna Hibbetts
5. Roll Call
6. Approve minutes from the regular County Board meeting of the
December 15, 2020 as printed with any corrections or amendments to them.
7. Public Comments
8. EDSA Update: Greg Nimmo
9. Present in writing petitions, resolutions/or ordinances, proclamations to be addressed in committees.
10. Reading of Communications:
11. Agenda items:
Highway/Building/Grounds/Environmental/ Zoning/ Welfare—1/12/2021
1. Highway business:
o Request for Supplemental Beacon on Speed Limit Sign, Village of Assumption
o Petition to Remove from Plat, an Alley in Block 7, Rosamond Original Town Subdivision
2. Discuss request for new/used truck for animal control/zoning.
3. ZBA update: Fee schedule for solar/wind personal property energy systems.
4. Request to amend Animal Control Ordinance as a separate appendix for kennel and hobby breeders/licenses.
Any other matters that properly come before the committee and/or comments from the public
1. County Board Rules review/changes.
2. Review and recommend approval of the Five Year Christian County Hazard Mitigation Plan.
3. Review approved Resolution 2019CB029 “Proposition to be placed on the ballot for the consolidated election on April 6, 2021 which was approved December 2019.
4. Discuss personnel proposed policy to continue paid time for COVID illnesses.
5. Determine duties of the position of the Assistant to the Board/HR.
6. Discuss change of this committee’s regular meeting night.
7. Personnel issues and/or personnel/other county policies/procedures, personnel or labor updates or any other matters or referrals that properly come before the committee and/or comments from the public and/or executive session for any personnel issue.
1. Approve claims as presented for January.
2. Review website contract.
3. Discuss final financial status from Illinois County Insurance Trust 2001 and 2009 [from former liability carrier]
4. Remove Assistant to Board/HR starting salary from current policy.
5. Assign salary to the upcoming Assistant to Board/HR position.
6. Referrals from any other committee, any other matters that are properly brought before the Committee and/or comments from the public.
12. NEW BUSINESS/OLD BUSINESS/OTHER:
a. Extend the Emergency Declaration Proclamation.
b. Authorize Board Chairman to hire Asst/HR applicant
c. Secondary committee reports:
911 Board-Ken Franklin
13. Mileage and Per Diem Report:
14. Appointments/terms: Vince Harris-Flood Plain Manager
15. Adjourn meeting until Tuesday, February 16, 2021