On Monday the Taylorville Fire Department responded to a call of a duct fire at the Ahlstrom facility in Taylorville. After some investigation, it turned out that the fire wasn’t as big an issue as initially thought. Regional Radio News spoke with Taylorville Assistant Fire Chief Andy Goodall who shared that some insulation in the building had caught fire.
The insulation was contained within an outer shell, which is why the fire didn’t spread. Goodall said though that the fire department still needed to extinguish the blaze.