Local News

Electric Blankets Can be a Fire Hazard According to Mike Crews

Recently a fire caused by a space heater caused some serious damage to a Taylorville home. Mike Crews the Christian County Emergency Manager says that you should keep combustible items away from your space heater.

[audio:mikecrewsfiresandstuffweekendedition1.mp3]comment here[/audio]

Crews says that electric blankets can also be fire hazards, and says that you should make sure that your electric blanket is Underwriters Laboratories tested.  

[audio:mikecrewsfiresandstuffweekendedition2.mp3]comment here[/audio]

According to the FDNY (fire department of New York City) 99% of electric blanket fires are caused by electric blankets that are over 10 years old.

Townhall Top of the Hour News


Local News