Local News

Heroes Save Taylorville House From Burning After Fire

A car fire in Taylorville nearly caused a house to burn down on Thursday afternoon late last week. The fire was on West Elm Street on Thursday and Gary Edwards and Jimmy Thompson were on hand to help get things under control with assistance from 2 Taylorville Water Department employees, Tim Brown and Lucas McLeod who were flushing hydrants and rushed over to help Thompson and Edwards put out the fire. 


Brown and McLeod will be recognized at the Taylorville City Council meeting next week for their heroic efforts towards moving the vehicle and using a fire extinguisher from their vehicle to save the house from burning. Regional Radio News salutes you Gary, Jimmy, Tim and Lucas for your hard work putting out a potentially dangerous fire!


Photo submitted by: Jimmy Thompson




Townhall Top of the Hour News

Weather - Sponsored By:


Local News

Facebook Feed - Sponsored By: