The Illinois Department of Transportation is showing there appreciation to the trucking industry for all of their hard work during the COVID-19 pandemic by coordinating with groups that want to provide free food to truckers.
Illinois Acting Transportation Secretary Omer Osman said, “We are proud to offer our assistance in saying thank you to truckers and giving them some encouragement in their travels. All of us owe these men and women our gratitude for keeping the nation’s supply chain moving, making sure food is winding up in our homes and getting medical supplies and equipment to people that need them most.”
These events will only be held for a maximum of three hours at the following weigh stations on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Interstate 55 southbound at Williamsville in Sangamon County
- Interstate 57 northbound and southbound at Marion in Williamson County
- Interstate 64 eastbound at O'Fallon in St. Clair County
- Interstate 70 westbound at Marshall in Marshall County
- Interstate 74 eastbound and westbound at Moline in Henry County
- Interstate 80 eastbound and westbound at East Moline in Rock Island County
- Interstate 70 eastbound at Brownstown in Fayette County