Governor J.B. Pritzker announced Sunday afternoon, that starting Monday evening all bars and restaurants in the State of Illinois would be closed, with only drive-through and delivery accessible. This closure will take place until at least March 30th. Governor Pritzker said there are no easy decisions to make.
Governor Pritzker stressed that they will be keeping drive-thru, delivery, and pickup to stay open.
Sam Toia, President of Illinois Restaurant Association, says public safety is and will be the number one concern.
Governor Pritzker has been holding daily press conferences for the last week usually at 2:30 and they air on Newstalk WTIM.