The Taylorville Ministerial Association held an open house and dedication of their new food pantry Building at 1429 East Main Cross, on Sunday afternoon.
Co-director Amy Hagen told Regional Radio News during the event, that the new building is the culmination of nearly 3 years of work.
Hagen added the first Taylorville Ministerial Association Food Pantry opened November 13th, 1984.
Hagen (right) and Pam Moses(middle), are the new co-directors of the local Food Pantry, replacing long-time Don Readhead (left) who is retiring. Readhead was given a plaque for his many years of service.
Pastor Rodney Blomquist of the Taylorville Trinity Lutheran Church, told Regional Radio News about the process that he and his committee went thru to get the new building constructed.
Blomquist says that with that seed money, the appeal was made for donations from the Taylorville community, to get the building up and finished.
Blomquist was given a plaque for heading up the building committee for the Food Pantry.
Long-time volunteer Wilbur Mills was also given a plaque for his work at the Food Pantry and on the Building Committee.
The new location of the Taylorville Ministerial Association Food Pantry at 1429 East Main Cross, is open for individuals and families to use, on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9 til 11:45 in the morning,
People needing food should obtain a voucher from most Taylorville churches or local social service agencies. People must live in the Taylorville, Mt. Auburn, and Owaneco area, to be eligible for food from the pantry.