The Sangamon County Sheriff’s Department and The Illinois State Police are issuing the following advisory for Friday, October 6, 2017, regarding the Luke Bryan concert scheduled to take place at the Illinois State Fairgrounds.
For those attending the concert, the following advisory should be noted:
* All vehicles should enter the fairgrounds through gate 4, 7, 8, or 11. (Not Gate 6, corrected 12:40 p.m.)
* Parked vehicles cannot block or obstruct roadway traffic, driveways, roads, or gates.
* Follow all posted traffic signs as well as IDOT electronic signs.
* All concert traffic will follow the instructions of the traffic control officers on site.
* Handicap Parking will be at Gate 7 (Added 12:40 p.m.)
All motor vehicle traffic not attending the concert are urged to avoid the Illinois State Fairgrounds, and Peoria Road.
Concert goers can access the Grandstand Infield via the tunnels on the north and southwest corner of the Mile Track on foot only.