Local News


Jae M. Ealey, 28, of 100 Circle Place, Kincaid, was arrested June 27 on a bond forfeiture for theft.

Jeremy D. Key, 26, of 35 Ridgeway, Decatur, was arrested June 29 on a bond forfeiture for the issuance of a warrant.

Vivian L. Basil, 39, of 1335 N 850 East Rd, Taylorville, was arrested June 29 on a bond forfeiture for driving under the influence of alcohol.

George T. Bailey, 40, of 411 Glenn St., Kincaid, was arrested June 29 for assault.

Ronald D. Fisher, 19, of 208 East Poplar, Taylorville was arrested June 30 for domestic battery and resisting a peace officer.

Aaron M. Steele, 24, of 4 Lydia Lane, Riverton was arrested June 30 for possession of methamphetamine manufacturing materials.


On June 27 at 3:55 pm, Taylorville Police Department officers conducted a traffic stop on East Lakeshore drive after gaining information that a wanted subject was in the vehicle. Subsequent to the stop, Jae M. Ealey, 28, of Kincaid was arrested for a Sangamon County failure to appear warrant.

On June 28 at 1:19 pm, a Taylorville Police Department officer was advised by dispatch of a possible suspended driver traveling into Taylorville on Route 29. The officer located the suspect vehicle and made a traffic stop. The officer made contact with Shawn C. Stevens, 29, of Taylorville and ran his information through Law Enforcement Agencies Data System and found that his driver's license was suspended. Stevens was placed under arrest and released on a notice to appear.

On June 30 at 12:12 am, Taylorville Police Department officers were dispatched to Casey's on East Park St. in reference to a female having been attacked. When officers arrived they were unable to locate the female at Casey's. A Christian County Sheriff's Deputy assisting Taylorville Officers was able to locate a male, later identified as Ronald Fisher, 19, of Taylorville, a female, later identified as Devun Rohdemann, and a juvenile male, walking West on Poplar St. Rohdemann was crying and had injuries. After an investigation, Fisher was arrested for domestic battery and resisting/obstruction of a police officer. Fisher was transported to Christian County Correctional Center.

On June 29 at 12:05 am, while on patrol Taylorville Police Department Officers noticed a convertible car traveling East on Spresser St. past Shumway St. with two individuals sitting on the top of the back seats. Officers conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle at the KFC parking lot. Officers made contact with the driver of the vehicle, Brandon J. Gardner, 24, of Taylorville whom officers knew to not have a valid driver's license. Gardner was transported to the Taylorville Police Department, processed and released with a notice to appear.

On June 29 at 7:58 pm, the Taylorville Police Department got a call about an intoxicated man at Kiwanis Park. Upon arrival, Jeremy J. Beard, 40, of Kincaid was found passed out on a picnic table. Beard was arrested and transported to the Taylorville Police Department.

On June 26 at 7:46 pm, Taylorville Police Department Officers were dispatched to the 700 block of W. Vandeveer in reference to an intoxicated male yelling at vehicles. Officers arrived, and subsequent to investigation Joshua A. Westerfield, 29, of Taylorville was arrested for Public Intoxication and Criminal Trespass to Residence.


On June 27 at 12:11 pm, both Donna W. Beard, 74, of Taylorville and Kimberly A. Geary, 51, of Tovey were traveling West on Springfield Road, with Beard following Geary. Geary stopped for traffic near the intersection of Springfield Road and Knute Rockne Drive. Beard was not able to stop in time and struck Geary. Both vehicles were able to drive from the scene. Geary's passenger, Charles R. Geary, 58, of Tovey was transported to Taylorville Memorial Hospital with injuries described as minor by the report. No other injuries were reported.

On June 25 at 1:06 am, John A. Cray, 27, of Morrisonville was traveling South on Route 48 when a deer entered the roadway. Cray struck the deer with the front driver's side portion of the vehicle. No injuries were reported.

On June 27 at 1:50 pm, David A. Blevins, 34, of Taylorville was traveling west on
Route 48 and was traveling through the intersection of Route 48 and Shumway Street. A 16-year-old male from Decatur was traveling South on Shumway Street and stopped at the intersection. The 16-year-old did not see Blevins and proceeded into the intersection, striking Blevins. Both vehicles were towed from the scene. No injuries were reported.

On June 26 at 9:17 pm, Stephen R. Chapman, 24, of Flint was turning into the Dollar General parking lot on the East side of the road. Stephanie M. Dotzert, 25, of Taylorville failed to reduce speed and struck the back end of Chapman. Dotzert was transported to Taylorville Memorial Hospital with injuries described as minor by the report. No other injuries were reported.

On June 23 at 5:49 pm, Taylorville Police Department Officers were sent to a two vehicle accident at Spresser and Shumway. Alyssa L. Wagoner, 24, of Taylorville stated she was stopped for the traffic light and was struck in the rear by John W. Simmons, 23, of Assumption. Simmons stated he applied his brakes and they did not work and he struck the rear of Wagoner. Simmons was issued a citation for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. No injuries were reported. Simmons' vehicle had to be towed from the scene.

On June 24 at 8:37 pm, Taylorville Police Department Officers were dispatched to Casey's West in reference to a hit and run involving a pedestrian. The officers arrived and located Rachel A. Dixon, 28, of Taylorville sitting on the ground next to her vehicle which was on the east side of the Country Kitchen parking lot. Dixon was crying and appeared to be in pain. Michael Alberts was nearby, and was pacing and appeared to be upset. Ronnie Samson, Dixon's uncle, was also standing nearby. An officer asked Alberts what had happened. Alberts said Matthew S. Tarrant, 25, of Bulpitt had ran over Dixon in a black Lincoln and left. An officer asked Alberts to elaborate, and he asked the officer if they were going to find Tarrant. The officer relayed the information to another officer, who was attempting to locate the vehicle. Fire and EMS arrived and began tending to Dixon. The officer asked Dixon what happened but she was upset and unable to provide much information. The officer asked Samson what had happened. Samson said he had seen Tarrant drive around the south side of Casey's and strike Dixon, then drive off.

The passenger side door of Dixon's door was open, and an officer could see in plain view of a 24 ounce can of beer that was opened in the cup holder. An officer could see a large metal club laying on the passenger side floor board. The officer removed the can of beer from the vehicle and poured it out. Alberts stated that the beer was his. Dixon was transported to Taylorville Memorial Hospital with minor injuries reported. The vehicle was not immediately located.

At 8:54 pm Matthew Tarrant called post to speak with an officer. There was no body available to speak with him at that moment. Tarrant informed Dispatch that Dixon was attacking him with a metal bat. Tarrant said Dixon struck his vehicle with it, and he may have hit her with his car as he was driving away. An officer later called him back. Tarrant said he was walking into Casey's when Alberts started talking trash to him. Tarrant said he took his shirt off, and approached Alberts. Alberts ran off behind the building. Dixon then came around the building swinging a bat at the ground. He said he got into his car when Dixon came up and started banging on his car. He opened the door and yelled he called the police. She started running away, and he attempted to follow her in his vehicle. He said he rounded the building, and she stopped running. He stepped on the brakes and slid into her. He then took off because he was scared. Dixon and Tarrant used to be in a relationship.

At 9:14 pm, Fara Miller, who is a employee at Casey's, called post and informed Dispatch she had observed the two males arguing. She said there should be video of them arguing, and Tarrant take his shirt off.

At 9:16 pm, Officers were dispatched to Taylorville Memorial Hospital ER in reference to Alberts being unruly. The officers escorted him out of the ER. The officers went out to Dixon's truck, and located the metal club. It was taken as evidence.

On June 25 at approximately 2:30 pm, an officer spoke with Dixon over the phone. The officer asked her about the incident. She informed the officer that Tarrant and Alberts had got into an argument at Casey's. Dixon said she had a metal club, and was hitting it against the ground. Dixon said she only hit his car with her hands.

At approximately 7:30 pm, Tarrant came to post and wrote out a statement form. An officer collected the insurance information for the vehicle, which is a 2000 Black Lincoln LS. The officer also photographed the vehicle. The officer did not see any damage to the vehicle, but did see handprints on the windows on trunk lid.

Main Office: