Local News


Pictured Left to Right: Kiwanis President Chris Weittenhiller and President & CEO of CCMHA Brent DeMichael. 


The Taylorville Kiwanis Club had an offsite meeting at the Christian County Mental Health Association (CCMHA) on Tuesday, October 22nd. Brent DeMichael, President & CEO of CCMHA, spoke of their beginning in 1971 with a budget of $45,000. CCMHA focuses on providing programs for people with mental health issues and developmental disabilities. These programs include Community Integrated Living, Crisis Intervention, Developmental Training, Outpatient Clinical Services, Outreach and In-Home Respite-Care, and Psychosocial Rehabilitation. CCMHA also provides work services for the developmentally disabled through their production of plywood reels. They manufacture between 1-1.5 million reels per year with total sales of $4,000,000 annually. These sales make up 60% of their budget with the other 40% coming from the State of Illinois. Today CCMHA has 150 clients in day programs, 350 people in monthly clinical services, 125 full and part time employees, and a annual budget of $7,000,000.

Townhall Top of the Hour News
SRN News
#FarmOn Benefit Concert
Main Office: