With winter storm warnings, watches and advisories issued in significant portions of the Ameren Illinois service territory, the company is preparing to meet the challenge of possible storm related service outages.
In preparation for the storms, Ameren Illinois is taking the following actions:
- Weather conditions are being monitored for any changes that may impact service.
- All Ameren Illinois and contractor personnel have been placed on alert.
- Trucks will be fueled and loaded with supplies this afternoon so they are ready for immediate deployment Thursday morning.
- If necessary, Ameren Illinois is prepared to deploy the special Ameren Illinois Storm Trailers. These trailers are filled with materials field crews need to perform their service restoration work. The trailers can be moved to various staging sites to provide materials when outside crews come in to help with the restoration efforts and to provide a store of materials close to the area with the most damage.
- Service restoration work will be directed by Ameren Illinois Emergency Operations Center.
Customers who experience a power outage immediately should report it to Ameren Illinois by calling 1-800-755-5000 or by visiting IllinoisOutage.com. Customers with mobile devices can visit www..ameren.mobi.