Local News

The Christian County Sheriff’s office is alerting residents of a growing problem facing our children, Helium.

In addition to the already daunting list of things parents must warn their children about, now comes something that was once considered harmless fun at parties. Helium is an inert gas and is general considered to be non-toxic. However, If enough helium is inhaled then oxygen, needed for normal respiration, is replaced and asphyxia can occur. 

Such was the case of Ashley Long, a fourteen year old girl from Oregon.

Ashley had told her parents she was going to a slumber party, but instead she went to another kind of party, one held by a 27 year old where there was alcohol, marijuana and a helium tank. Ashley breathed in the helium and paid with her life.

You are advised to talk to your children; find a way to educate them.


Townhall Top of the Hour News
SRN News
Main Office: