Local News

The Lincoln Trails Conservancy has been working for months to fix the bike trail.

 

Bud Altman is with the Lincoln Trails Conservancy, he says at the moment the Conservancy is awaiting word from the state to complete the environmental studies before the project gets handed over to the engineers.

 

 

There were some concerns early on which city would have to pay for the bike trail. A grant has been received to cover 80% of costs. The cities of Taylorville and Pana will split the remaining 20%.

 

 

Altman says at this point it is out of the Conservancy’s hands as they have to wait for the news like everyone else.

 

 

The Lincoln Trails Conservancy is hoping this process can speed up as they want to get the bike trail open while the weather is still permitting.

 

Local Weather sponsored by Just Beds
 
Main Office:
217-824-3395